Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navy Aviation Electronics Technician (AT)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FutureAV View Post
    Haha nice about TN. Are you already in the Navy zell or waiting to ship like myself? Also would it be cool if I emailed that guy or no? I was wondering about the college credits because I have a little over a hundred college credits already. I was totally unaware they would only take a certain few. I wonder how it works if you already have a bunch of credits to transfer from another college and all that. Anyways thanks for all the good info and your follow up I very much appreciate it.
    Nah, I'm not in the Navy yet (Well, TECHNICALLY I am in the Navy, but not active duty). I ship out for boot camp on April 2nd. Go ahead and email him any questions you have, that's why I posted it here.

No problem, as far as the info and follow-up goes. I like to research what I'm going to be doing in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by zellthemedic View Post
      Nah, I'm not in the Navy yet (Well, TECHNICALLY I am in the Navy, but not active duty). I ship out for boot camp on April 2nd. Go ahead and email him any questions you have, that's why I posted it here.

No problem, as far as the info and follow-up goes. I like to research what I'm going to be doing in the Navy.
      Yeah same here I've been trying to find tons of info on AV and it's kind of scarce this thread was great. When you ship you will be active duty right? And what are you interested in doing ATI ATO or AE? I'm really hoping for AT myself and by all the descriptions providied here it sounds like I would like to go ATO given the choice.
      I'm going active duty and I'm in dep right now i ship June 6th but i am trying to go earlier. Maybe I'll see ya in the fleet one day!

Comment

Originally posted by FutureAV View Post
        Yeah same here I've been trying to find tons of info on AV and it's kind of scarce this thread was great. When you ship you will be active duty right? And what are you interested in doing ATI ATO or AE? I'm really hoping for AT myself and by all the descriptions providied here it sounds like I would like to go ATO given the choice.
        I'm going active duty and I'm in dep right now i ship June 6th but i am trying to go earlier. Maybe I'll see ya in the fleet one day!
        Active duty. I'm hoping for AT-I, but honestly I'll take any of the three. Hah, by the time you ship I'll be graduating boot camp. We'll both be down in Pensacola for A-school at the same time, so...maybe we can hit each other up and hang out or something.

Comment

Originally posted by zellthemedic View Post
          Active duty. I'm hoping for AT-I, but honestly I'll take any of the three. Hah, by the time you ship I'll be graduating boot camp. We'll both be down in Pensacola for A-school at the same time, so...maybe we can hit each other up and hang out or something.
          Sounds good man if you want I can PM you my Facebook info if you have one.
          Last edited by FutureAV; February 26th, 2012, 02:13.

Comment

Yeah, sure. Hit me up.

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm AT(I) if anyone was curious. Any questions about Pensacola, A-school or anything like that, hit me up.

Comment

Wow - this is a really good group of post and information! I am really interested in any of these. I currently work for a Electrical company but unfortunately in the accounting department (yawn). My father is also an electrical engineer. Hopefully it runs in the blood. Actually, I'd like to say it does because I've always been really good with things like that, and mechanical things as well (and computers).

This is def the best information I have found on it so far. I was curious though - does anyone know about A school for reserves? Is it the same as it is for full time? As I said, I do currently have a full time job at a very good company - and I'd like to stay there, lol. I know there are laws which protect people interested in joining; however, that doesn't mean that this decision won't affect the company I work for. I was really curious to know how we got the training and how long it would take.

AT-O sounds amazing. I really would like to be directly working on planes. Course that PT doesn't sound so hot haha. I guess however there is no way to guarantee which I get though.

Comment

Reserve members do everything active duty counterparts do... the only difference is after their schooling, instead of getting stationed at some base somewhere, they head back home to their reserve units and begin drilling.

Here is a great PDF that will help you with laws pertaining towards enlisting and your civilian job.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nce/docu...mentRights.pdf

Glad you enjoy the site... feel free to share it on facebook, twitter and other social networks.... through our fans is the only way we grow.

Comment

Reserve members do everything active duty counterparts do... the only difference is after their schooling, instead of getting stationed at some base somewhere, they head back home to their reserve units and begin drilling.

Here is a great PDF that will help you with laws pertaining towards enlisting and your civilian job.

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/laws/c...m#.UPOSDKGjdog

and

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nce/docu...mentRights.pdf

Glad you enjoy the site... feel free to share it on facebook, twitter and other social networks.... through our fans is the only way we grow.

Comment

Navy Aviation Electronics Technician (AT)

Thanks so much! I have just briefly looked at the site but from first glance it def looks like it'll be help. And sure, I'll make sure to follow those.

Comment

Hello, I'm confused cuz I've been up and down this site trying to find my rate and I'm yet to find it. Question, is AS(aviation support electronics technician) an extension of this rate or vice versa or is it for another rate, please need help?

Comment

AS is Aviation Support Equipment Technician.

Completely separate rate from AT. I'm actually not sure what you'll be doing, but I think you'll be working on the equipment that other people (or you) use -- not jets themselves.

Comment

Thank you for the response I appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                            X