X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASVAB Tips

I took the paper ASVAB the other day and a couple of things tripped me up. So here are a few tips for folks that havent taken it yet, but will soon.

1. Eat. My stomach was growling halfway through the 3 hour test. But remember, there are no breaks...so keep that in mind

2. Know fractions. Holy crap, there were so many mixed fractions on there it blew my mind. Know how to add, subtract, multiply, divide, french cut, crinkle cut and all that. Well not the last part. But there was a lot. Also converting to decimals. If you get the "ASVAB for Dummies" book, there is an extensive section on fractions. Study that mess. Thank me later.

3. Concentrate on the AFQT portion of the test. This is what will get you initially enlisted. All the other stuff is for MOS purposes. So if you're primary goal is to just get in, then focus on the AFQT.

4. Stay strong throughout. By the time I got to the end with the shop questions and the object assembly, I was done. Mentally. I knew those sections didnt count for enlistment, so I kind of breezed through them. I dont recommend this. If you want to give yourself the best chance, try to do well on all sections. Stay strong and focused until the end of hour two.

5. Pat yourself on the back. You're on your way to a career in the greatest fighting force in the world.

Turns out I got a 77. Go me
    Last edited by SPCSlim; May 20th, 2012, 19:13.

Comment

Very nice!
      I think the ASVAB is much worse than BMT..

Comment

Working...
      X