X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Problem.

Alright, let me say that if you're a person who is grossed out by the female "time of the month" thing, please exit this thread or take a deep breath. Haha.

Anyway, I'm thinking about the Navy OR the Air Force, haven't really decided. Anyway, I'm 19 and I have Primary Amenorrhoea, meaning I have a delayed period, it hasn't started. Would the Navy (or Air Force) make me go on BC (birth control) to start my period? I have had doctors evaluate it, and they've all said that my hormone levels aren't increasing nor decreasing, they're at a steady rate and I just need to wait for it to come on its own. If they wouldn't make me go on BC, would they just deny me on the spot or take blood and analyze it for hormones? I know the risks of not having it, such as an increased risk of osteoporosis when I'm a lot older and other stuff. Let me know, thanks!
    Last edited by AgentJ0; August 26th, 2012, 14:33.

Hmmm. I've never heard of anyone having this issue. Worst case, go to MEPS with medical documentation stating that all your hormone levels are fine and your blood work checks out. Do you take medication of any sorts? They might make you take a calcium suppliment, but they advise all females to take calcium at RTC anyway. They might take blood at MEPS and check your levels and go from there. Most of the females periods get mixed up in boot from being housed with 80 other females and stress anyway. They expect it to, so I'm guessing it probably won't be an issue.

I'd talk to a recruiter. Let them know the 'issue', but stress that you have medical papers and can get doctor's statements saying that everything is okay and this isn't a problem. Let them know you're dedicated to enlisting and they'll work with you. If you want it bad enough a recruiter will work with you.

Comment

Hmmm. I've never heard of anyone having this issue. Worst case, go to MEPS with medical documentation stating that all your hormone levels are fine and your blood work checks out. Do you take medication of any sorts? They might make you take a calcium suppliment, but they advise all females to take calcium at RTC anyway. They might take blood at MEPS and check your levels and go from there. Most of the females periods get mixed up in boot from being housed with 80 other females and stress anyway. They expect it to, so I'm guessing it probably won't be an issue.

I'd talk to a recruiter. Let them know the 'issue', but stress that you have medical papers and can get doctor's statements saying that everything is okay and this isn't a problem. Let them know you're dedicated to enlisting and they'll work with you. If you want it bad enough a recruiter will work with you.

Comment

Working...
      X