Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy Recruiting 2012

Hello everyone,

First off, I apologize if this is not in the correct forum. I could not figure out which one it would best fit in to.

I would like to start out by saying I have decided that I want to join the Navy. However, I know the Navy is downsizing and recruiting is slowing down. My question is, what is the Navy looking for in its recruits? I meet all of the basic criteria (previous ASVAB score of 90, so I have no doubts that I can score around the same) and would require no waivers, but I am slightly (5-10 lbs) overweight for my height (although I meet the body fat composition). As stated in a post a few months ago, I am interested in the CT, AECF, AC, or AT ratings. I realize my best bet is to go talk to a recruiter, but there closest is approximately an hour away, so I wanted to ask here first if based on the limited amount of information I have provided, would I be competitive in being able to enlist?

I appreciate the help and any insight that you all can provide!

With your ASVAB, you will be prime target number one when the Recruiters talk with you.

If you want to ensure you will get the chance, start dropping about 15-20 pounds so there won't be ANYTHING to keep you from shipping. Waivers are getting harder and harder to get - and if there is ANY question about needing one, some Recruiters are starting to worry.

You should be fine. Just dump a little fluff and you'll make it without a problem.

Comment

From what I have seen, recruiters won't talk to you until you are at you max weight at a minimum... I need to be taped right now, but before I ship, I need to have lost enough weight to not worry about being taped. Trust me, you don't want the stress of needing to be taped hanging over you

Comment

Is the Navy currently recruiting? i still haven't talked to a recruiter but will very soon.

Comment

They are always recruiting.

Some positions might be filled, some districts might have thier quotas.... but they are always on the lookout for top shelf recruits.

Comment

Working...
          X