X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Loss Updates

Beginning of January this year, I joined this Forum. I have come to learn so many things. Thank you all.

In order to Enlist in the Navy I have to lose weight. My weight was 225lbs, and basing on my height I am supposed to be 175lbs....that means I have to lose 50lbs to join...or to lose body fat percentage from 36 to 22.

I started working out in gym and diet on January 12th, 2012. As of today (March 14th) which is like 56 days, I have lost 41lbs. I have 9lbs more to lose to go to MEPS. So I am sure the rest of my weight (9lbs to lose) will be lost up to the end of March, so that beginning to April to be in DEP.

NB: It was my first time to be in the gym...I have lost of experiences now. I know what kind of healthy food to eat, more importantly to count calories etc.

Regards

WOW!

It is fantastic what you have accomplished!

you should get us some before and after photos along with the types foods or programs that helped you so much!

Comment

Thank you for your appreciation.

After finishing weight loss program...I will summarize what I have been doing, sharing my journey other people may get some tips and learn.
      For me, I have been learning everyday what should I do to lose weight and be fit for Navy.

Comment

congrats man! that is some good weight in good time! i also had to lose weight before being able to go to MEPS but i did it by dieting alone. i have this weird intimidation thing going on with me about going to the gym, it's actually quite sad. now that i am in DEP, i must get over this. can you relate at all? any advice? i would love to know what kind of routine you use.

Comment

Originally posted by BILBOtheWANDERER View Post
          congrats man! that is some good weight in good time! i also had to lose weight before being able to go to MEPS but i did it by dieting alone. i have this weird intimidation thing going on with me about going to the gym, it's actually quite sad. now that i am in DEP, i must get over this. can you relate at all? any advice? i would love to know what kind of routine you use.
          Thanks. Tomorrow morning I will go to MEPS for ASVAB and Medical/Physical Exam....and choosing the rate/signing the contrat.

I will share here what I have been doing to be fit for duty

UPDATES
          80 days of Weight Loss Journey. As of today, I have lost 50 pounds, Body Fat Percentage dropped from 38% to 22%, Neck measurement from 18.5 inches to 15 inches, waist measurement from 46 inches to 35.5 inches

Comment

Congratulation on achieving great result. It is big advisement for you. You did because of hard and regular work out.
            You also need to take concentration on eating habits. Eating habits can destroy your all success or make it better then before. Use fruits, vegetables, salad, juice, dry foods. These have less fat and minimum calories which help to keep it under control. Try to burn more calories to lose further 9lbs. Drink excess of water.
            For further detail: Click here
            Last edited by micalhassi; May 12th, 2012, 04:43.

Comment

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...10754829_n.jpg

The difference between these two bodies: Left photo (Height 5'6'', Weight 225lbs, Waist 46'', Neck circumference 18.5'', Body fat percentage 38%) while the Right photo (Height 5'6'', Weight 170lbs, Waist 35.5'', Neck circumference 15'', Body fat percentage 22%). The current body (photo to be published soon) = weight now is 165lbs, waist 35'', neck 15'', body fat percentage 21%. Before 1st January 2013, my body fat percentage should be not more than 18%........that's my current objective. Thank you to my wife Marie Makulilo and my son Benedikt Fulbright Makulilo for your love and support in this tough journey.

I am working on weight training right now.... gaining muscles/strength and be fit for RTC in 20120802

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...53728106_n.jpg

I am also writing an article on how I lost all weight for the reason to join the U.S Navy. I think it might be helpful for others too. I lost 50lbs in 75 days then 10lbs more after signing contract...now I am 165lbs

Please open those two links above to see my photos before losing weight and after

Future Sailor
              Last edited by MAKULILO; June 25th, 2012, 03:13.

Comment

I had to lose weight also to go to MEPS. I needed to be 149, when I started I was at 199. When I hit 156, my Petty Officer let me go on measurements. I had to suck it in, exhale and then take a deep breath for insurance to make the 32 inch waist. The last 8 pounds are hell to get off and even worse to keep off. Today I'm 148 and my waist is 31 inches without sucking it in. I think signing the contract, knowing that I'm now obligated by law to lose the rest of the weight and keep it off, or face supreme embarrassment and shame, was and is the best motivator for me. You should check if your Petty Officer will let you get in on measurements. Keep up the good work and I hope you get the rate you want.

Comment

Congratulations on the accomplishment!! I also, am in need to loose weight. My weight is 186 at 5'6", but the weight required is 170 to be enlisted. I would like to know how you lost soo much weight? So, i can be enlisted and do something with my life, please help.

Comment

Congratulation for your success in your weight loss efforts.
                    I appreciate all your these weight loss efforts.
                    You should carry on all your these efforts to maintain your body weight and improve your fitness level.

Comment

Glad to see your improvement chart,that shows your effort you are doing really good,Keep sharing your achievements ahead that will help others a lot in being motivated and they can keep themselves inspired.

Comment

Glad to see your improvement chart,that shows your effort you are doing really good,Keep sharing your achievements ahead that will help others a lot in being motivated and they can keep themselves inspire

orlando weight Loss

Comment

Here some tips for weight loss,
                          Exercise,
                          Yoga,
                          Morning walk is very important,
                          Balanced diet,
                          Swimming,
                          Cycling.

Comment

Working...
                          X