X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random questions about Army basic training

Hi. So these questions may sound stupid to some but, I honestly just want to get as much information as I can. In basic training, I heard that during showers your pretty much out there for everyone to see, is that true, I am a female it would be nice to know? I use proactiv, am I allowed to bring that without it getting taken away? Can my family continue to send it to me, if necessary? Are we allowed to have things sent to us, such as different running shoes if necessary? Are they supposed to be a specific color? I know there are obvious things that cannot be sent you at basic training but, what can be sent? As much information as anyone could give me would be great.
    Another thing, I feel like I'm going to go into basic training, I guess you could say, "stupid". I don't know a whole lot about the army. I know the core values and stuff like that. Did anyone else feel this way? I am so determined to do this, and I know that I can, I just feel like I'm going to be the only person that has no idea what they are doing.
    Thanks in advance

First off you will not be the only person there with no idea what your doing, that pretty much everybody in the begging even the ROTC kids. I just graduated AIT I was in basic back in June. Showers are pretty open, at reception it was one big open room with shower heads along the walls, at basic there were stalls but everybody got dressed/undressed in the open. Its awkward at first but just something you get used to. The pro-active is gonna be up to your drill srgnts whether or not you can keep it. You can have stuff sent to you they wont let you keep food but really anything else is up to your drill srgnt. PT shoes dont have to be any specfic color. If you have any more questions feel free to hit me up I'll help out as much as i can

Comment

There is also a video on youtube about preparing/packing for basic training..actually there are a lot of videos on youtube in this subject!! I had the same questions

Comment

Regarding the shower thing - when I went through (I survived basic recruit training for TWO services!!), when it came to the showers, I was so tired that I didn't care... and none of the other guys in the shower cared either.

Heck, if the shower had been an orgy scene from Caligula, nobody would have cared. We got about 30-seconds to shower, and we were all so rushed and so exhausted that it wouldn't have mattered if the other folks being potentially willing sexual partners - there was no time and no energy to WANT to look!!

For shoes, I would recommend blowing some money on a good cross-trainer about 2-3 weeks before you ship out so they can be broken in completely. You'll be fine for Basic/Boot. Getting a "single sport" show (i.e. Converse canvas basket-ball shoes) is a bad idea - you need an all-around shoe to make sure you don't get foot problems.

Comment

Regarding the shower thing - when I went through (I survived basic recruit training for TWO services!!), when it came to the showers, I was so tired that I didn't care... and none of the other guys in the shower cared either.

Heck, if the shower had been an orgy scene from Caligula, nobody would have cared. We got about 30-seconds to shower, and we were all so rushed and so exhausted that it wouldn't have mattered if the other folks being potentially willing sexual partners - there was no time and no energy to WANT to look!!

For shoes, I would recommend blowing some money on a good cross-trainer about 2-3 weeks before you ship out so they can be broken in completely. You'll be fine for Basic/Boot. Getting a "single sport" show (i.e. Converse canvas basket-ball shoes) is a bad idea - you need an all-around shoe to make sure you don't get foot problems.

Comment

Working...
          X