Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, just found this.

11 General Orders (Navy) flashcards | Quizlet

I've been struggling hardcore with my general orders and this is helping a lot. It's from corpsman.com, they have a bunch of useful info as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyBadger View Post
      Also, just found this.

11 General Orders (Navy) flashcards | Quizlet

I've been struggling hardcore with my general orders and this is helping a lot. It's from corpsman.com, they have a bunch of useful info as well.
      I got the general orders downnn I read each of them off at least 20 times every night before I went to bed for like a week and now I know them verbatim. It's best just to write them down over and over again that way its melted into your brain. Do the same thing with ranks, sailor's creed, mission of the navy, etc. One way I found that really helps is to start off by memorizing the first two words (To take, To walk, To report, etc.) that way once you know the first two you will know the rest since none of them start with the same first two words.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher089 View Post
        I got the general orders downnn I read each of them off at least 20 times every night before I went to bed for like a week and now I know them verbatim. It's best just to write them down over and over again that way its melted into your brain. Do the same thing with ranks, sailor's creed, mission of the navy, etc. One way I found that really helps is to start off by memorizing the first two words (To take, To walk, To report, etc.) that way once you know the first two you will know the rest since none of them start with the same first two words.
        That's a really good idea, thanks for the tip

Comment

Great thread thanks for all of your work!!

Comment

All I have left to learn is ships & aircraft, brush over chain of command, a learn some navy history. I have less than a month. o.O

Comment

Originally posted by usernamelol View Post
              All I have left to learn is ships & aircraft, brush over chain of command, a learn some navy history. I have less than a month. o.O
              I am in the same position i dont really know the ships and aircrafts but everything else i know. I wanna be RCPO!

Comment

You really don't. Unless you really need a promotion during Basic, I'd recommend staying far away from any of the jobs.

Regardless, study up. If you pass the initial general knowledge test and the first physical fitness test, you get an automatic promotion (which if E-2, means you don't need to torture yourself with a boot camp job).

Comment

Does anyone know if simple Hair Oil is allow at RTC, such as 'non-scented' Olive Oil?

Comment

I have no idea. I haven't heard anything like that, but if it is medically needed you may be able to bring it. To be honest I have no idea.

Comment

hair oil is up to the RDC and only the RDC....and yes you wanna get a job if you wanna have the full exp!!....it was fun...and plus now that boot's got a lotta restrictions on what they can do too you...it'll be a lil easier

Comment

Originally posted by Zoned View Post
                        I think you have a chance to volunteer for an RTC Rank.
                        Yes, everyone gets a chance to raise their hand, and volunteer.

Comment

I want to thank everyone who posted on this forum this info has helped me out a lot

Comment

Working...
                          X