X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to bootcamp as a e1?

anyone ever go to bootcamp as a E1? if so how hard is it to become a e2 by the time you graduate? with that said is it possible to be a e3 by the end of bootcamp?

i couldnt find any referals for my recruiter that wanted to join. so please help. any words of advice about being a e1 and starting from skratch?

I went in as a E-1 undes..I didn't gain any rank while In boot but yes it is Possible to become a e-3 outta boot..gotta pass your first PFA and then the knowledge test in boot camp..if you do that You'll get auto e-2 then if you get a job and the RDC's like you and they pick you to promoted you then You get E-3..they only cap 10% of the division which usually means people with recruit jobs..but they can cap other's too but 99.5% of the time it's only the people with jobs

Comment

Well I already have a rate as OS. So that puts me in the 99.5 percent of the time?

Comment

no recruit jobs are...Rpoc(Recruit chief petty officer) they are the ones that get yelled at more then the division does..they are overall in charge...
        MA(master at arms) is second in command...the MA and the Rpoc are supposed to work hand in hand.
        starboard/portboard watches, starbd does the watch bill for the division. they get I.T if the deck log is messed up.
        they you have Laundry P.O., mail P.O., Education P.O., athletic P.O....if you can't figure out what they do look it Up...but those are the jobs i'm talking bout now your rating in the navy.

Comment

Read more about the RTC leadership positions can be found here.

Navy Boot Camp Leaders

Comment

take the easy way out why don't you there!!...lol

Comment

i went from e1 to e3. i study the dep book and did well on the fitness test to get e2. from e2 to e3 i was ship staff master arms.

Comment

there you go!

earned yourself a few hundred bucks a month more, higher pay grade and shaved 2 years off your advancement time.... just by studying, getting shape and taking a leadership role at RTC!

Awesome!

Comment

Do it! I'm an e-1 and the pay is poop.

Comment

Originally posted by CTT SR H View Post
                    Do it! I'm an e-1 and the pay is poop.
                    Hang in there! Study for advancement and work hard to get some good evals...E-1 to E-3 paygrades fly by, you'll be making decent money before long.

Comment

Oh, the pay doesn't particularly bother me beyond my liberty. I get BAH, BAS, and separation pay to cover necessities. I'm fine, but the base pay is poop.

Comment

are you married there CTT???...the only way you should be gettin BAH is if you are....NOT all E-1's get it...there are certain loopholes tho in the system to get it

Comment

I am, indeed, a married man.

Comment

Going in as an E1, didn't suck until I got out and realized 500 a month isn't a whole lot of moola. I'm at school still and they take about 200 out a month for food and living. So, try as hard as you can to make rank. Work out, Study and volunteer yourself. Even if it doesn't get you where you want. Working harder is never a bad thing and remember, some one is always watching. Believe it or not you'll see people from your bootcamp especially if you do anything with aviation.

Comment

yes but you forget to tell them that you get BAS which is to cover Food!!..so you don't actually lose anything from your base pay and it's none taxable either

Comment

Working...
                              X