• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooh wow.. what is spice ????

Comment

^^^ Look above.

Comment

what did they make u do on the swimming part?

Comment

They make you take a shower before you enter the pool just so you can freeze your ass off waiting for them to brief you. After about 10 minutes you get use to it and they finally have you start the brief and they line you up 2 at a time, have you climb the 10-20ft ladder (can't remember) and then you step off the ledge and once you surface you do a lap around the buoys they set up but you have to swim correctly otherwise they'll put you aside for extra training. Once that's done, they have you do the dead man's float for 5 min which is the easiest part I think. Then, they have you put on coveralls and fill them up with air by hitting the water while holding the collar closed. It serves as a flotation device which is pretty smart I think. All and all, it was pretty fun and easy to me.

Comment

whats dead man float?

Comment

How to Survival Float | eHow.com

Comment

Hey, I ship out June 3rd 2013. I also took PACT seaman. I was told that after bootcamp, I will take a test, be interviewed, then will be placed in some job. I was told that after a year i am able to transfer jobs, i want to switch to HM. I am going in as an E2, therefore my recruiter and chief told me instead of waiting a year, I would only have to wait 6 months to transfer jobs. Is this true? Also another question. They told me I wouldn't have to cut my hair then after meps that answer changed. I don't want to cut my hair and I heard girls can get a weave, is this true?

Comment

First, you should message me and tell me exactly what the classifier told you bout this job!!..secondly, since your goin in as a E-2..you will still have to wait til you are a E-3 which to go from a E-2 to a E-3 is 9 months...then you will be able to do all your stuff for your OJT time and package to transfer over to HM if it is available to you at the time, don't believe that it will you might get it, you might not. But you should be putting a DAR in like yesterday. It might change your ship out date but you will be happier in the long run...Also Hair is hair, you will be able to put braids, cronrows or weaves, but be aware that it is also up to that RDC, and you will have to maintain them while you are in boot camp...if you can't or the RDC thinks it needs to be cut, then you will have to cut it.

I Don't like when people lie, I was a undes(pact seman) when I came in, now I'm a BM2..have fun enjoy your time in, and no one can tell you whether or not you will like the navy other then you....make the best of it

Comment

Hey I ship out june 5 under pact seaman as well. Im gng in as a n e3 and was told by my recruiter it wouldnt be long that I would b undes and would be able to strike. The more I read the more I see its not true... im trying to get a rating before I leave! I definitely do not want to go undesignated anymore. At the end of the day its your choice, your life, and your career

Comment

Working...
                    X