X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm finally back! :)

Hey guys just thought I'd pop in and say hello again. I graduated from RTC on 06 APR 2012 and I gotta say the whole experience was life changing. I hope everybody on here can take being yelled at because you are going to get plenty of that. If you are strong willed and dedicated, you WILL survive recruit training. Just listen to your RDC's every word and pay attention to detail. If you have the privilege of attending an Ice Cream Party, go for it! Anyways, the gas chamber isn't that bad....just don't hold your breath that is probably the worst thing you could do plus they check for it. I can't divulge info about BattleStations except that it is fun and you will always remember it.

As of now, I am in A-School for PACT Seaman at Great Lakes and my training is for 3-4 weeks and then I head off to the fleet on May 8 onboard the USS Nicholas 47 FFG. I'm excited and anxious to head out but I'm also nervous of what is to come. Everyone tells me its a great opportunity so I'm looking forward to it. If anyone has questions about Boot Camp send me a PM and I'll answer it as soon as a I can.

I have PACT too what is like after BOOTCAMP because I ship 20120813 it soon but I don't want rating to go in BOOTCAMP, they say it hard to switch

Comment

Welcome back!

was it everything you expected or more?

Make sure you get over to the PACT Seaman thread and put some info there for those who will be following in your footsteps.

http://www.bootcamp4me.com/military-...cks-pact-3037/

Comment

It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Boot Camp was a breeze physically but its another game mentally. The only information I can really give about PACT Seaman is you will paint and be a chipper...than again so will everybody else because they also need to maintain the ship just like you. The plus side of becoming Undesi is that the BM's will become your best friends and its a very good group to be with. They are very respected amongst everybody here because they had to actually work to get to where they are now. I was on this site everyday before I went and it was a great help to me succeeding at RTC. It helped me in mentally preparing myself for the worst but I had hope for the best and it seemed to work. I love being out of RTC and after graduation you will feel a new sense of pride in what you enlisted for, strangers thank you on the street for your service, people respect you in another way and its just a feeling of brotherhood throughout the Navy. I'm proud that I joined and I think everyone else would agree...

Comment

ive seen this question posted a few time and no one has given me a straight answer. Are we supposed to bring our own running shoes or do we get a pair at RTC?

Comment

Originally posted by ABHDELAFUENTE View Post
            ive seen this question posted a few time and no one has given me a straight answer. Are we supposed to bring our own running shoes or do we get a pair at RTC?
            They will give us our own custom fitted running shoes during p days

Comment

Originally posted by YesItsJustMe View Post
              They will give us our own custom fitted running shoes during p days
              They do provide you with running shoes. When you first get to RTC (after the Urinalysis & Moment of Truth) and start the item issue, they will have you step on this little contraption that tells you how long and wide your feet are. For me, it was 1.5 inches off the length and wayyyy off in width. Luckily, if it doesn't fit right you can exchange it but ONLY at the item issue so speak up if you have a problem. Also, this little item issue bag you are going to get, it costs $684 out of your first paycheck so don't expect a lot of money coming out of Boot Camp.

Comment

What is this "Moment of Truth" that you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2012 View Post
                  What is this "Moment of Truth" that you speak of?
                  First day there they will give you one last chance to tell them anything you lied about at MEPS or on any form. They will say no one will get in trouble or anything. .and I would never say you should lie about ANYTHING during the MEPS process. .but the people that got up to say something never came back. They got shipped back home.

Comment

^Very true. About 6 people I came with stood up and I never saw them again. Then, another 3 got tested positive on the Urinalysis because of Spice. So if anybody is thinking that they don't test for that.....they do.

Comment

you guy's realize the navy gives you a intial allowance for your uniforms if you don't believe me look it up

Comment

Originally posted by Boats View Post
                        you guy's realize the navy gives you a intial allowance for your uniforms if you don't believe me look it up
                        They give you an initial allowance when you graduate boot camp not when you're in it. The initial ditty bag you receive in P-Days was $684 and the dress blues/whites you also had to pay for in boot camp. It's a lot of money but I think its worth it. I feel like a badass everytime I wear them lol.

Comment

FAQ: What do recruits pay for themselves? What does the Navy pay for? - Navy For Moms you don't pay for most your the stuff you use...the stuff they take out is whatever is on that debt card thing they give you..more then likely...

Comment

Not that I'm worried because I steer clear of all drugs (and cigarettes) but what is spice?

Comment

Synthetic form of weed.

Comment

Working...
                              X