Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I get kicked out if I continuously fail the Army Physical Fitness Test?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I get kicked out if I continuously fail the Army Physical Fitness Test?

I go to MEPS on Oct. 1st and Ill be shipped off to Boot Camp days after that. Ive been having serious anxienty about the two mile run in 17 minutes. Ill be 30 in a few days and have lost 43lbs since January, I was 263 when I 1st visited the National Guards office. I scored high on my ASVAB and as of right now I can only run a 10 minute mile. It would be a shame if I came all this way just to get sent home because of the running test.

Does anyone know what happens to soldiers who can pass the sit ups and push ups portion but can't run 2 miles in the time they want.

Unfortunately, there is only one test - not three separate tests. You can do a million push-ups, 100,000 sit-ups, but if you can't pass the run, you flunk the entire test. Likewise, you can run a 4-minute mile, but if you can't do the sit-ups, you fail.

In Basic, you will be doing LOTS of running. You can expect your two-mile time to drop a LOT during that time.

In the end, even after additional remedial training (getting extra PT at all hours of the day and night), and even possibly being recycled to a new Basic Training Company, a repeated failure will be processed out.

Comment

Is my recruiter dodging me?

Originally posted by BRaini View Post
      Unfortunately, there is only one test - not three separate tests. You can do a million push-ups, 100,000 sit-ups, but if you can't pass the run, you flunk the entire test. Likewise, you can run a 4-minute mile, but if you can't do the sit-ups, you fail.

In Basic, you will be doing LOTS of running. You can expect your two-mile time to drop a LOT during that time.

In the end, even after additional remedial training (getting extra PT at all hours of the day and night), and even possibly being recycled to a new Basic Training Company, a repeated failure will be processed out.
      After filling out tons of paperwork, passing the ASVAB with flying colors and getting my name removed (expunged) from a Felony case that my older brother used my name on, my criminal background check still turned up two (2) possesion of marijauna tickets, both TEN YEARS OLD now. One day after I got my name expunged from the highest levels of government,(back in April) my recruiter told me that MEPS was closed now,... at least to people who have possesion of marijauna. He told me it would re-open in October as it historically does and I would get in with very little problems. Here it is October 23rd and he claims MEPS is still closed, "they tell him nothin"...etc...etc.. He claims the military might be having budjet issues or something, but I've been wondering, is he not interested in me anymore and wish I'd just go away and not telling me? Could you please provide some honest insight BRaini

Comment

Your situation with the felony case sucks, but the military (as well as law enforcement) still sees a record of it (and the fact that it was expunged). It may not be used against you in legal proceedings, but the military still views it as involvement in a felony case (which it was).

If your background investigation showed two possession tickets and your Recruiter didn't know about them already (because you TOLD him), then this means that you did not tell the truth in your paperwork. The Recruiting paperwork clearly asks if you were ever arrested or convicted of any criminal activity (other than minor traffic offenses) - no matter how they were adjudicated. This means that you either CHOSE to not mention them, or you forgot. The running line of thought is that an "average" person would remember something like that, so you must have remembered and decided to not mention them (i.e. LIE). In either case, you are considered to be "damaged goods. "

MEPS is not "closed" now - but the military is in the middle of a draw-down - which means we are getting rid of people. Your Recruiter may be trying to be nice about letting you down. The military - and this goes for ALL branches - is hard-core on drugs, and you have TWO incidents where you were caught either using or holding. This means that you MAY be a habitual user - which is a far cry from just "experimenting" like most kids do.

Even if they process waiver requests for the drug tickets, Recruiting Command will NOT approve them. Recruiters don't like it when kids admit the truth and say they tried pot once or twice... but you not only tried it, you got caught by law enforcement on TWO occasions - which indicates a significantly higher level of involvement than a kid just being a kid.

The Recruiter is probably just cutting his losses now. Sorry for sounding harsh, but it's just the truth. If you want to hear it in person, just go in and ask the Recruiter straight up - and if he has a spine, he'll tell you.

Good luck.

Brian Raini
        Last edited by BRaini; November 25th, 2012, 23:47. Reason: I are not spelling two goodly.

Comment

Originally posted by immortal D View Post
          After filling out tons of paperwork, passing the ASVAB with flying colors and getting my name removed (expunged) from a Felony case that my older brother used my name on, my criminal background check still turned up two (2) possesion of marijauna tickets, both TEN YEARS OLD now. One day after I got my name expunged from the highest levels of government,(back in April) my recruiter told me that MEPS was closed now,... at least to people who have possesion of marijauna. He told me it would re-open in October as it historically does and I would get in with very little problems. Here it is October 23rd and he claims MEPS is still closed, "they tell him nothin"...etc...etc.. He claims the military might be having budjet issues or something, but I've been wondering, is he not interested in me anymore and wish I'd just go away and not telling me? Could you please provide some honest insight BRaini

SO....what's the latest immortal D?

Comment

Working...
          X