X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about DEP reserves

My son just signed at Meps to be an AM he is going into the reserves, his contract states he ships to boot camp in Jan 2013, i have now read there is no DEP in the reserves and that he is actually in the reserves and entitled to drill pay, he will be an E3 at boot camp if this is true being he is going to be in 8 months before boot can his rank go to e-4 quicker? Am i understanding this correctly? thanks in advance

question about DEP reserves

I am a reservist waiting to ship to basic. For my unit, we have a readiness drill each month and I am paid E-3. After tech I will sew on E-4 according to my papers. I swore in Oct. 2012 and ship May 2013. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by lenny0861 View Post
      My son just signed at Meps to be an AM he is going into the reserves, his contract states he ships to boot camp in Jan 2013, i have now read there is no DEP in the reserves and that he is actually in the reserves and entitled to drill pay, he will be an E3 at boot camp if this is true being he is going to be in 8 months before boot can his rank go to e-4 quicker? Am i understanding this correctly? thanks in advance
      No, time-in-rate starts when he leaves for boot camp.

Comment

Working...
      X