X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Questions About BMT

Ask anything you need to know about BMT, I wont sugar coat Ill give you the straight up response on what happens at BMT for the AF.

How hard is the test at the end of basic? I've been kind of worried about that.

Comment

Should I bring Q-Tips for M16 cleaning?

How are the BEAST week bathrooms? I was told to bring sanitary wipes because they are that bad...

Would you happen to know all of the positions the flight has to man? Dorm chief etc... What's the best position and what's the hardest?

Any older guys in your flight? I am 26 so I know I will be one of the oldest there. Wondering how they were treated.

Thanks!

Comment

Should I bring Q-Tips for M16 cleaning?
        No they provide all the cleaning tools which you only do after BEAST and FEST Training

How are the BEAST week bathrooms? I was told to bring sanitary wipes because they are that bad...
        Yes Buy some at the mini mart.

Would you happen to know all of the positions the flight has to man? Dorm chief etc... What's the best position and what's the hardest?
        Shoe Aligner, Bed Aligner, Empty Wall Locker Cleaner, 341 Aligner, House Mouse, Latrine Crew, EC Monitor, Day Room Crew, Hallway Crew, Pad Crew, Stairway Crew. I think I got Them All. Best Is Shoe Aligner but be on your game. Worst is latrine crew.

Any older guys in your flight? I am 26 so I know I will be one of the oldest there. Wondering how they were treated.
        Yes, my latrine chief was 27 no different were all trainees no matter your age at basic all treated the same by the MTI's.

Comment

Really great info! Thanks!

Now here is another question. What is FEST? And what EC monitor?

Comment

EC stands for Entry Control, you can find some info about it here: Preparing for Air Force Basic Training -- Dorm Guard Procedures

Comment

Foundational Expedtionary Training

EC Monitor Means Entry Control Boss - he schedules everyone for EC and is the one who gets chewed out if somethings not filled out properly on the EC Log or someone does not follow procedure.

Comment

Most definitely don't want that job. I heard everyone turns into an idiot during basic.apparently is easier to not only blindly follow orders but to not think about the next step or consequences of your actions...not looking forward to being in that ambience but know it's inevitable...:/

Comment

It all depends on your flight. Some flights are awesome, others not so much. It really depends on the variety of personalities that exist and how they learn to mesh. A big problem with my BMT flight was "too many chiefs, not enough Indians". In other words, everyone wanted to be in charge, which made everything very difficult to accomplish.

If you broke my flight into smaller groups, we were awesome. We always did really well during base details and at KP. We always came back with 341s pulled for excellence. You threw us together as a flight and we totally fell apart. It was actually very embarrassing. At the last minute, we managed to get our stuff together and came back with BEAST Excellence. It shocked the hell out of our MTI.

Comment

Originally posted by TKEairman View Post
                    How hard is the test at the end of basic? I've been kind of worried about that.
                    Not hard at all. If you've paid a semblance of attention at all during your class and studied on your own, you should be totally fine. A few of us in my BMT flight pulled off perfect scores.

Comment

how hard was it being away from your family?

how long did u get to talk to them on sundays?

how long did you wait before u got to BMT?

overall how hard was BMT?

Comment

1. Pretty Dam Hard

2. 20 Minutes

3. 4months after HS Graduation

4. Its really mostly mental.

Comment

Is tech school a big change from bmt? Is it a lot more laid back?

Comment

Originally posted by Emily steele View Post
                            Is tech school a big change from bmt? Is it a lot more laid back?
                            Yes and no. It's nice to be able to be treated almost like a human being again, but keep in mind that tech school is still military training. I can't count the number of Airmen that I've inprocessed that show up from BMT and turn into the biggest DBAs ever. Just because you're out of BMT doesn't mean that you're out of the military. Realize this and tech school is a breeze.

Comment

Thank you and I leave for air force bmt on July 3rd and was wondering for the physical part of it if I work out all year round, ran the Pittsburgh marathon in may, and play sports all year round should I be fine??

Comment

Working...
                              X