X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time in Service

Confirming that my time in the DEP counts towards my time in service. I officially joined the DEP 09 Jan 2011 and go into BMT Nov. 13. Should be out of Tech School by next Nov.

Does this mean that I will have almost 2 years time in service by the time I graduate Tech School?

The time you serve in DEP does count towards your IRR... but not against your service obligation (2,4,6,ect years of active duty).

Almost every enlistment contract is an 8 year enlistment... it might be only 4 years active and four years Individual Ready Reserve (IRR), but it is still 8 years. IRR means that if WW3 broke out, they would call you up before they would start a national draft.

And technically yes... you would have accrued almost 2 years of time... but you didn't actually serve 2 years time.

So when you actually are in, and people ask about your time is service... don't include your dep time... that would make you look like a water head lol

They mean the day you show up for boot camp.
    Last edited by BootCamp4Me; October 5th, 2012, 12:53.

Comment

you just saved me from quite a bit of ridicule lol thanks!

Comment

Thats my primary mission here... to save you guys from getting laughed at lol

Comment

Are you technically a recruit or an E-1 when you are in BMT? Would the DEP time contribute to your TIG for E-1 or does that start after you graduate?

Comment

In DEP, you have no rank or rate - you are a civilian. Your DOR is the day you report to MEPS and ship out for BMT.

Comment

Working...
            X